Introduction to Senior Housing and Care Industry
The US is going through a major demographic shift, as Baby Boomers begin to need access to care and life expectancy increases. The nation’s aging population increases the demand for senior living facilities, particularly those which serve higher acuity cohorts that require assistance with activities of daily living. This course will provide a sweeping introduction to the industry.
What you will learn:
- The continuum of care and the various property types and services
- The History of Senior Housing and Care industry, from the inception of senior housing and care in the U.S. to where it’s headed in the future
- The value proposition and the role of senior housing and care in society
- Major players in the industry
- The role of NIC and the trade associations, trade media, and data sources
- An exploration of innovation and emerging trends
- Kurt Read
Principal, RSF Partners
- Microsoft Excel from Beginner to Advanced
- The Real Estate Financial Modeling Bootcamp
- Real Estate Financial Modeling the Complete Guide
This course is part of the six courses required to complete the Fundamentals of Underwriting Senior Housing & Care Certificate Program.